Wednesday 4 May 2016

Handmade Coasters!

Hi all,

Been a long time, I have posted anything :(

But I am back with a project other than a card! I have tried decoupage for the first time and I must say it is pretty awesome to play with AND I love it :)

I had many CDs in my home which do not work now, so I thought of recycling them and why not coasters!

I covered the CD with a cotton cloth, you can take any cloth or a piece of a rug will do with a good texture, and pasted it with Fabric Glue. I covered the cloth surface with Camlin Texture white, which is an all purpose medium for me ( I use it for paintings too!)

After it got dried, I took some decoupage napkins ( floral and patterned) and glued it with Mod-Podge ( gloss) letting it to dry for 15-20 min.

I applied a second coat to seal it up and finished it up with Camlin Picture Varnish ( for the coat and yes the gloss). I finished the coaster with a foam sheet on its base and its done!


I have matched it up with an up-cycled bottle-



 And some patterns too!


 And i have tried some Jane's Doodles on it also, though I have written the sentiments on it :)



I hope you liked all the projects. Thanks a lot for stopping by and your lovely comments :)

Hugs
Ria

2 comments:

  1. Popped in from Darnell's blog and I'm happy I did. Your coasters are truly wonderful. So pretty and useful. I'll definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete